To confirm a reservation...
50% Initial Deposit due at time of booking
The Remaining Balance will payable at 2 weeks prior to arrival. In the case of IEM Transfer, payment must be received by the end of the business day.
If the Remaining Balance payment is declined at 2 weeks prior to your arrival date we will do our best to contact you to arrange an alternate form of payment. If you cannot be reached you will be considered a "no-show" and the initial deposit as well as reserved dates will be forfeited.
We accept Visa, M/C, American Express, Discover or Interac E-mail Money Transfer. We are unable to accept any other credit card or cheques of any kind. We cannot accept personal or business cheques. For your security and ours, you must bring with you the same credit card you used for Deposit and Final Payment, along with Government Issued Photo ID.
All payments received by Base Camp Guest House are non-refundable. In the case of a power outage due to severe weather or other acts beyond our control, guests please note, there will not be any type of refund offered.
All Rates and fees (including cancellation fees) are subject to 13% Gov.Tax
- Advertised rates are subject to change without notice.
If the reservation is cancelled outside 2 weeks prior to arrival the 50% Initial Deposit will be forfeited. No exceptions.
- If the reservation is cancelled inside 2 weeks of arrival (after full payment has been taken) it is non-refundable. Again, No exceptions.
- If the reservation is made inside of 2 weeks of arrival date, the full (non- refundable) amount will be payable at time of booking.
- Since our BCGH cancellation policies must be more restrictive than a hotel, we recommend you contact your local travel agent for cancellation insurance to cover you in the event of an unexpected delay or cancellation in your travel plans. A cancellation is very disappointing to both the guests who have decided to cancel and the owners of the BCGH.
- Please Note: Once a reservation has been confirmed, reducing the number of guests in your party will not result in a corresponding decrease to the remaining balance.
Check-in is anytime after 4pm unless confirmed in advance with the Host. Earlier Check-in times will happily be accommodated when possible.
Check-out time is PRIOR to 10am. More often than not, we have one group checking out and another group checking in on the same day. A late check-out by the first group will result in a hurried cleaning job and a disappointing postponed check-in by the second group. It is for this reason that Check-out time is no later then 10am. If the premises are occupied past 10am there will be a half days rate applied to the credit card we have on file. If the premises are occupied past 11:01pm there will be a full days rate applied to the credit card we have on file.
Late check-outs will be happily accommodated at no extra cost provided that:
- a) it has been discussed with the host in advance
- b) there is not a same day check-in pending.
Please remember to consider Road Conditions and Avalanche Control Closures when travelling to as well as leaving Revelstoke. Flights from both Calgary and Kelowna have been missed because of this reason. Updates can be found at www.drivebc.ca
Cleaning Upon Check-out
Please treat BCGH as if it were your own home.
Trash, empty cans/bottles, dishes strewn about and burnt food stuck on pots is unacceptable
- Please remove all food and leave the fridge wiped completely clean.
- In the case of an excessively dirty house additional cleaning charges (reflecting the extra time required by the cleaning staff) will be applied.
Additional Guests, (confirmed in advance with the host) are welcome at a rate of $25 per person/per night.
- Day guests are welcome until 8pm
- Day Guests using hot-tubs and showers are considered "additional guest" they are welcome at $25pp/per day
- RV Plug-ins to the main house can be accommodated for a small fee if confirmed in advance with the host
- Base Camp Guest House welcomes dogs at on a case by case basis. Dogs must be approved by the BCGH Host prior to arrival. Dogs must not be left unattended for any period of time on the premises (unless they are crated). There is a dog walking and dog sitting service offered locally by Barbara Little @ "Lucky Dog Walks" (250) 837-2445.
- Cats are not welcome.
- BCGH is a 100% smoke free environment. Smoking is permitted outside only. If there is evidence of smoking inside the house during the stay of ANY guest, a $500 cleaning and reconditioning fee will be applied to the Credit Card we have on file.
* Deck is extremely slippery, Please use caution!
* Please remove snow from cover(s) before lifting cover(s).
* Glassware is not permitted in the Hot-Tub under any circumstances. Broken glass in the bottom of the tub is very difficult to detect and can cause serious injury to other guests and damage to the tub. Please use plastic. There will be a $250 Cleaning charge if there is any evidence of glass in the hot-tub.
* If the hot-tub is found extremely dirty or has been damaged a $500 cleaning/ repair fee will be applied.
* Please leave Hot Tub on and Jets off when not in use.
* Please Return cover to hot-tub when not in use
* Please use the colored Hot-tub Towels for the hot-tub. Also, these towels (if left wet on beds) will tend to leak dye into the white linens. Please be mindful of this.
* Hot-Tubs are open 24hours with Whole House Rental. With Single Suite Rental Hot-Tubs close at 10pm so as not to disturb other guests.
The first tank of propane has been provided compliments of BCGH. Should any group require additional propane during their stay, the tank may be exchanged at many of the gas stations in Revelstoke at their own expense. Tanks generally cost between $25 and $30.
The BBQ is to be left in the condition in which it was found...cleaned free of stuck on food. The best way to clean the BBQ is to leave the propane on high and the lid closed for a few minutes. Grease and food bits will burn off and the grill can be easily scraped with the wire brush provided. If the BBQ is left dirty, an additional cleaning fee of $50 will be applied.
BCGH has one furnace and one temperature control for both the Upstairs and Downstairs suites. The temperature is pre-set and regulates the whole house. Please remember, what is a comfortable temperature for one individual might not be for someone else. Our suggestion if you are too cold might be to enjoy a soak in the hot-tub or put on a sweater. If you are too hot perhaps remove a layer of clothing and open a window.
Daily towel exchange, garbage removal and Hot-Tub maintenance will take place every second day between the hours of 11am and 1pm, providing the house is unoccupied during these hours.
BCGH proactively takes steps to lessen our impact on the environment. We will not change bed linens until the guests 6th night with us. However, we want our guests to have the best experience possible and will gladly replace the linens more frequently if specifically requested.
* If you wish to have your towels exchanged, please place the used ones in the bath tub.
* If you wish the bathroom counters to be wiped please leave them free of all personal items.
Items You might wish to bring with you
Personal toiletries; toothbrush/paste, shampoo, conditioner, bar soap, razors, makeup-removers and feminine products. Laundry soap. Bathrobe/Slippers.
Anything you might wish to cook with....oil, spices, food etc, (all equipment including coffee, coffee-maker, whitener, sugar, tea and tea-kettle are supplied).
See Map Below:
We are located 4 kilometers west of Revelstoke at 1075 Pine Road. If using a GPS unit to pin our location search for Peaks Lodge as most GPS units pin our location as being in downtown Revelstoke.
If not using a GPS unit, simply follow the hwy signs for Peaks Lodge and you will not be able to miss us.