WORK EXCHANGE OPPORTUNITIES!
What are your Skills? We would love to hear from you!
Team work Makes the Dream work!
Spring Skills Needed: April-June
- Landscapers and Experienced Cleaners Welcome!
Summer Skills Needed: June-September
- All Trades People, Skilled Builders, Landscapers and Experienced Cleaners Welcome!
Fall Skills Needed: September-November
- All Trades People, Skilled Builders and Handymen Welcome!
Winter Skills Needed
- Winter work exchange positions require a 1-2 month minimum stay
- Position Best Suited for a couple. Intensive cleaning involved.
- Hotel or guest house cleaning experience (of some sort) is necessary.
- Volunteers must be able to work quickly with an attention to detail.
- Training is provided but volunteers must be able to work without supervision and maintain a consistent standard of cleanliness.
- Experience operating snow removal equipment (skid-steer or bob-cat) is an asset. Some heavy shovelling is required as we get a LOT of snow in Revelstoke!
Stay in our Tiny House!
Located on our Private 2 Acre Treed Lot. This little unit was rebuilt from the ground up in 2016. It is completely self-contained. Warm in winter. Cool in summer. Propane Heat. Air-conditioning. Full Kitchen. Small living-room. 1 Bedroom with a Queen and a Twin Bunk. 3 Pc Bath with Standup shower. Satellite TV. Wifi and a big front porch to chill out on.
Work Exchange Hours
Work exchange hours are based on season and skill set. Home-Cooked meals can be negotiated for skilled builders and trades-people.
You'll need a car!
We are located 4km West of Revelstoke (just off Trans-Canada Hwy #1). There is no bus or shuttle to town and walking along the highway (especially in winter) is not recommended. We are also 10 minute drive to ski lifts at Revelstoke Mountain Resort. If you are coming for a 2 month duration we can help you find a car to purchase locally (and possibly sell at a later date).
Do you love Dogs?
We have 2 dogs. They are very obedient, very nice dogs. They walk off-leash and do not run away. They do not shed and are hyper-allergenic.... In the summer they are taken to the green belt. They will run with a bike, they love swimming in the river. In Winter they love to come Cross-Country Skiing at the golf Course.
For those who love dogs, dog walks are included part of the work exchange position at Base Camp Guest House.